Thursday, January 20, 2011

Irish Chain Blues - we're getting there

The centre is finished. This is my last trip to the ironing board before putting on the borders.

11 01 20 irish chain centre

It's set five by seven - 13 1/2 inch blocks. It's been a lot of sewing straight lines, getting up early very morning to get it done. My deadline is this weekend, because it's got to get into the mail to get to Erica on time.

So.... this is where I spent my morning - at the wonderful Kickass Country Store in Plumas, Manitoba. I have a great stash, but it's mostly fat quarters. My idea of a big cut of fabric is .4 of a metre - never enough for a border.

11 01 20 kickass

So off I went - in the frigid cold of a Manitoba January. I've always wondered about living in a country where the "hot spot" has a temperature of minus 28.


11 01 20 plumas

Beautiful downtown Plumas. It's cold.

No comments: