Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cranberry Wishes


Two days of quilting with the Wheat City Quilters - that's the name we're going by. Four of us this weekend, which amounts to three paper piecers plus me. I have yet to master paper piecing (and for that matter, may never even try) and admire from afar, which means from the other side of the table.

I had a Moda grouping - one package of charm squares, one of 10" squares and a Jelly Roll. To start - 21 eight inch pinwheels - and there you can see in the centre of the photo - my entire Sunday's contribution - three eight inch blocks of small pinwheels.

This quilt will almost certainly be for my brother John, who has been bugging me for a quilt for a very long time. This one can go in the living room of his new house - assuming, of course, I can get it finished before it's time to put him into the personal care home.

That will mean finishing the renovations at home - but hey, what is a litle pressure for?

(The fabric is Cranberry Wishes by Kansas Troubles. These aren't quite my colours, but John will love them.)

No comments: