Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Do Dogs See Colour?

I'm told that dogs don't see colour. I believe that - why would they (whoever they are) tell us it was so if it wasn't. I'm told dogs see only in black and white, which I assume includes greys. If that's the case, why does the Mad Australian Shepherd like the colourful quilts?

I'm working up a few quick lap quilts for Victoria's Quilts Canada. One is a bit on the dull side, the other a beauty of batiks. So ask yourself - which one do you think the MAS (see above) wants to lay on while he's visiting in the bedroom I call a studio (a quilter's reach should exceed her grasp ..... )? You got it. He likes the bright one, actually walks into the room and looks around to see just where it is he can get most in the way.

He has a lot to learn, my boy. He's following in the footsteps of the Beloved Border Collie, and all I ever had to do with him is give him ":that look" and he would back away from the quilt top. The MAS has a way to go.

No comments: