Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Baptism

You know what I like about a "heads up"? When I get one. Which I didn't last weekend. On Friday, an innocuous e-mail arrived with an "oops - we have a baptism on Sunday." A boy. I had been working for a girl, thinking we wouldn't have a baptism until Easter Saturday.

The KISS principle can be applied to quilting - no half-square triangles, no matching. I stole the idea from Easy Quilts (the quilt is called Sunny Days) and used Winnie the Pooh fabrics to make it work for a one year old boy.

And yes, Virginia, there was a quilt.

11 03 06 Six - complete

All quilted, all bound. I hope they enjoy it.

1 comment:

corina said...

Cute quilt. Gotta love it when there's no matching points! I saw the link to your blog on the quilt manitoba website. I love your stories about the WAS and I grieved for a moment for your BBC. One of my dogs is always in my room, blocking my way to the design wall. In fact, he's in several of my quilt pictures. Enjoyed the visit. Will check back often. Happy stitching!